Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Towards Zero


Finally, after many, many years (six to be precise) I return to theatre! I'd be acting again and producing for the very first time! My lovely wife Priyanka is one of the other producers :)


On May 21st & 22nd 2008, Theatrecian production of an Agatha Christie thriller, Towards Zero at Gyan Manch, Kolkata, India.


It all began with a pretty simple conversation between Priyanka and me about my previous stint in theatre (12 professional plays whilst at university before the MBA bug bit me) and her keen inclination towards the performing arts. One thing lead to another, and before we knew it, we were speaking to good friend and founder of Theatrecian, Tathagatha (affectionately, or for the sake of pronounciability, called TC) about looking at this as a proper business venture. And after many rounds of chai, samosas, arguements, melodrama and serious contemplation, we froze on Christie's whodunnit, Towards Zero


Thankfully, we have good friends in TC, Dhruv Mookerji and Deborshi Barat, who are very highly respected names in theatre and cinema in Kolkata. The mere mention that we wanted to get into this got them keen and interested in the venture.


Without further delay, we had a young breed of highly talented actors and technicians on board

I am surprised that the theatre lovers of Kolkata have never craved for anything beyond MOUSETRAP so far.


So here it is; an un-adulterated drama-thriller; a rich aunt; ex-flame; nephews, one with two wives; plenty of friends; and a bunch of suspicious servants... ladies and gentlemen, I give you TOWARDS ZERO!


1 comment:

Nishant Chandgotia said...

Hye, Can you tell me how can I get the passes for the show.