Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The past few days have been particularly tough. To give you an idea, since going freelance, I have been working for four clients, and at least three projects for each client at the same time. Its' like having twelve jobs! There have been moments of extreme vulnerability, when the decision to move away from the comforts of a 9-5 job with a supervisor and an assistant with an entire team to work together became lucrative again. There have been hours of staring on the computer screen in dis-belief as to how bad could MY life be; a chance look at an email made me come across this quote:

"Expecting gratitude in exchange for having done something that was hard. Yes, you built a company, you might even have bootstrapped it. Yes, you’ve got the machinery and the packaging and the retail space. Yes, you’ve navigated hiring people and yes, you finally shipped. I couldn’t care less. I’m not going to buy your brownie/consulting/services just because you worked hard on it"

Inspired me from the moment I read it. And so, I am going back to work! NOW!

Cheers.

No comments: